Create a test account
Once approved by our Business Development team, Payaut will be able to provide you access to our Sandbox environment. The Sandbox environment is for testing your integration with Payaut. For instance, if you want to create a new seller account, you can test that in our safe Sandbox environment without consequences. In order to do so, we need the following information:
- Your IP address where we can expect the API calls to be made from
- The email addresses from the users who want access to the Payaut (Sandbox) dashboard
- Payaut will share the API keys accordingly.
Below are all types of accounts in the account structure on the Payaut platform
- The highest level account from the platform
- When you sign up with Payaut, a merchant account will be created in your name
- A merchant account can have multiple divisions
- For instance, “Nike” could be a merchant account, in which the divisions could be “Nike Netherlands”, “Nike Belgium”, “Nike Germany”, etc.
- Divisions sit under the merchant account
- Each division can have its own configurations, such as currency, sellers, etc.
- Account holders: the technical term we use to describe sellers on your marketplace
- Sellers sit under the division accounts
- For instance, the division could be “Amazon”, the sellers/account holders could be “Adidas”, “Puma”, etc.
Each division and seller/account holder have a virtual account and one or multiple external accounts:
- This account will be created by Payaut for you
- Your balance will be managed on this account. For instance, your marketplace will receive the commission allocated to you via this account according to the split payments that are sent
- Your seller can also receive the commission allocated to them via this account
- The account to which you can withdraw your balance from your virtual account, this could be your PayPal, your bank account/IBAN, etc.
- Your sellers can also withdraw their balance from their virtual accounts to their external account(s)
In order to set up a new PSP with Payaut you will need to go through the following steps.
Configure Payaut IBAN as the account to receive/hold funds with your PSP:
- Payaut IBAN: NL98 ABNA 0865 0932 96
Retrieve the settlement reports from the PSP. Payaut will retrieve these settlement reports daily.
|Checkout.com||Generate API key on dashboard with read-only permissions|
|Mollie||Generate API key on dashboard with read-only permissions|
|Adyen||Marketplace requests SFTP server access|
|Paypal||Generate API key on dashboard with read-only permissions|
|Amex||Marketplace requests SFTP server access|
|Buckaroo||Generate API key on dashboard with read-only permissions|
|Klarna||Generate API key on dashboard with read-only permissions|
Build your integration
Start building your integration using your test account on our Sandbox environment. Use our API explorer to discover our API’s and learn how to onboarding your sellers, send us split payments and trigger payouts.
Sign the contract and go-live
Once you have signed a contract with our Business Development team, you can start building the integration. From our side, we will start collecting documentation from you in order to fully onboard your business with Payaut.
As a payment service provider, we are required to perform Know Your Customer (KYC) checks on your company, ownership structure and business activities before onboarding you to our systems.
This requires us to gather the following documents from you:
- Completed Payaut KYC Form
- Company verification documents
- Identity verification documents
- Company account bank statement
1. Payaut KYC Form
The Payaut KYC Form will be sent to you by our Sales Agent during the contracting process. It includes basic questions about what business you do, where you are based, and who the related individuals of your company are.
2. Company verification documents
We require documentary evidence to verify the legitimacy of your company. Please provide us with the following:
- Copy of Extract from the chamber of commerce;
- Articles of association;
- Incorporation statement; or
- Similar documents* (see below)
* Validity: Documents must have been issued in the last 1 year. In case of incorporation documents older than 1 year, they must be accompanied by a statement that they are still correct and accurate.
* If you do not have any of the standard documents due to special circumstances, please contact us in order to determine together how we can satisfy this requirement.
3. Identity verification documents
Identity verification documents are required for:
- UBOs of the company*;
- Managing directors of the company;
- The individual signing the contract on behalf of the company with Payaut.
* UBO = Ultimate Beneficial Owner, natural person who owns at least 25% or represents at least 25% “decision power” of the company and benefits from the proceeds earned by the business. Please note that entities-shareholders cannot be UBOs and if your company is owned by another company, we are required to identify their shareholders.
Types of Identity verification documents
- Company extract from Chamber of Commerce - if the individuals whose identity we need to verify are registered with the Chamber of Commerce, an extract that shows their personal details and authority towards the company is sufficient.
- Passport - copy/photo of passport picture page required and all personal details and MRZ must be clearly visible.
- ID card - copy/photos must be provided of both the front and back and all personal details must be clearly visible.
- Driving licence - copy/photos must be provided of both the front and back and all personal details must be clearly visible.
Please pay attention that personal identity documents are:
- Not damaged.
- Clear and readable.
- Fully captured in the copy/picture
Please note that in certain cases we may ask you to provide copies of personal identity documents, even if the individuals are registered with the Chamber of Commerce.
4. Copy of company bank statement
You must submit a copy of a bank statement of the bank account belonging to your company, to which payments will be made. The requirements for a bank statement are:
- Name of account holder must be clearly visible
- Full IBAN must clearly visible
- Information such as account balance, transaction amounts or descriptions can be masked out.